International Day of the GirlDate/Time
Date(s) - October 11th, 2012
What is it?
The United Nations has declared October 11, 2012 as the world’s first International Day of the Girl Child.
Canada has led the international community in adopting this day, along with the support of Plan Canada. This day will make a difference in the lives of girls and young women as citizens and as powerful voices of change in their families, their communities and their nations.
We invite you to celebrate with us. Why is it important?Equal opportunity for girls is good for all of us.
Girls throughout the world face higher rates of violence, poverty, discrimination. In Canada, girls have higher rates of depression, sexual harassment and dating violence.
There is a growing recognition around the world that support for girls and their basic human rights is key for healthy communities.
Improving girls’ lives has a ripple effect. What is good for them is good for all of us.
This international day will promote equal treatment and opportunities for girls around the world in areas such as law, nutrition, health care, education, training, and freedom from violence and abuse.
- Champ Chat - Toronto (ON) - September 30th, 2018 - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Champ Chat - Victoria (BC) - September 30th, 2018 - 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- International Day of the Girl Fundraiser - Calgary (AB) - October 10th, 2018 - 7:00 am - 9:00 am
- Champ Chat - Waterloo (ON) - October 14th, 2018 - 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Summit 2018 - Calgary (AB) - October 21st, 2018 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm