International Day of the Girl Fundraiser – Calgary (AB)Date/Time
Date(s) - October 10th, 2018
7:00 am - 9:00 am
The Bow - 54th Floor
A Morning of Inspiration and Learning
We are excited to invite you to our International Day of the Girl Breakfast Fundraiser on Wednesday, October 10. We are bringing together some of Calgary’s most inspiring people and podium athletes for a morning of celebration in the name of our girls in sports and in support of Fast and Female.
Are you the Parent of a Daughter in Sport? You Will Not Want to Miss the Inspiring Messages from our all-Female Panel of Olympic Medal Holders About What Kept Them in Sport.
The event will include:
- Chandra Crawford moderating a panel of women Olympian role models including:
- Cassie Campbell – Two-Time Olympic Gold Medalist in Hockey
- Carol Huynh – 2008 Gold Medalist in Freestyle Wrestling
- Erica Wiebe – 2016 Gold Medalist in Freestyle Wrestling
- Inspiring stories of how these women overcame the odds to ‘make it’
- A sharing of what motivated them to stay in sport
Registration: 7:00 a.m.
Breakfast with an Olympic Athlete Panel Discussion: 7:30-9:00 a.m.
Tickets: Aug 1 – Sept 15 $75, Sept 16 – Oct 8 $100
If you have any questions, please reach out by emailing us here.
Did you know?
- 92% of girls who attend Fast and Female events say that it helped to build their confidence in sport
- 41% of girls ages 3 to 17 don’t participate in sport. (Canadian Association of Advancement for Women in Sport, 2016)
- If a girl does not participate in sport by age 10, there is only a 10% chance she will be active later in life. (Canadian Association of Advancement for Women in Sport, 2016)
- 96% of girls aged 6-19 do not meet the daily physical activity recommendations in Canada’s Physical Activity Guide. (Statistics Canada, 2011)
- Adolescent girls report more barriers to participation than boys do. Including time, money, resources and a concern for safety. Lack of active, older role models has also been cited as a contributing factor to lower participation rates among girls. (British Columbia Centre for Excellence in Women’s Health, 2000)
We’d love to partner with your company on October 10th for International Day of the Girl. We need your help to continue to serve the 3000+ girls who reach out to us every year for our Champ Chat program. Studies have shown us that girls remaining active through their youth are more likely to develop leadership skills and a foundation for an ongoing healthy lifestyle. Your dollars are used to provide invaluable life experiences for girls like this:
“Fast and Female has changed my daughter’s life. Their events let her connect with other girls, set goals, and take on challenges – these are skills that will set her up to succeed in life as well as sports.”
Sponsorship packages start at $2,500 and this is an opportunity to position yourself as a leader and powerful supporter of female empowerment for our girls. There are many ‘perks’ to the sponsorship including an amazing chance to learn first-hand about female athletic resiliency from inspiring Olympic Medalist speakers.
For more information, or if you would like to become a sponsor, please email the event organizer.
If you cannot attend in person, we invite you to join our community by making a donation.