Have you ever dreamed of interviewing an Olympian? Do you enjoy writing? Are you passionate about celebrating and supporting girls in sports? If yes, then you might be a perfect fit for one of our four volunteer Web Content Intern roles!
As part of this role, you will help to create interesting content for our website and social media intended for female youth, parents and coaches in sports. You will be asked to produce one story per month and will be given complete accountability to plan and conduct your interviews with interesting individuals – from active Olympians to young female athletes, coaches of female athletes, and even parents. You will submit your interviews in a timely fashion to the VP, Administration and Operations for broadcast on Fast and Female’s various web platforms and social media outlets.
- Executive Director
- Plan out one interview per month
- Contact interviewees
- Conduct interviews
- Draft interview notes
- Submit final interview to VP, Administration and Operations
- Offer constructive insights in terms of the type of content and formats that might appeal most to young female athletes, coaches and parents
|DESIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
||DESIRED WORK STYLE
- As per all Fast and Female programs, preference will be given to female youth in sports under the age of 19. This Web Intern program is also a means to support the personal and professional development of our target demographic.
- These internships are unpaid
- We will offer Fast and Female swag as a token of appreciation
DURATION & LOCATION
- Ideally, we hope each candidate can commit to working for at least four to six months (equivalent to four to six stories).
- Open to candidates from all locations. Work will be performed via the internet.
- Please submit your résumé and cover letter in complete confidence to email@example.com. Specify your sport and level of competition in your cover letter.
ABOUT FAST AND FEMALE
- Fast and Female is a not-for-profit society started in 2005 by Chandra Crawford, the 2006 Olympic gold medalist in cross-country skiing. The organization’s mission is to ensure that girls are supported, motivated, inspired, empowered to stick to sports and the healthy lifestyle. Fast and Female fulfills its mission of “Empowerment Through Sport” by hosting fun-filled, non-competitive initiatives all across North-America aimed at exposing young female athletes to inspiring female Olympians and elite level athletes. The young girls who attend Fast and Female events today will lead in the future, may it be as athletes, coaches, volunteers, parents, and community leaders. For more information about Fast and Female, visit www.fastandfemale.com